Trying to live in a tipi for a month, in UK, in October. And hold down a PhD.

Sunday, October 9

Day 3 – Tipi warming

As I step outside the tipi into a wood capped with a blue sky and beams of sunshine I think I’d like to go full time. This month won’t be long enough.

Another mission into town and a mad rush to get the finishing touches to tipi done before Tony and Di come round for drinks. The floor is a sophisticated tarp/ground mat/rug layered structure complete with bean bag and scatter cushions. Kit is neatly stowed in discrete storage boxes to the sides of the inner circle, and the fire is finished with a steel tripod which I can hang a kettle off if I want. We drink red wine and eat toasted garlic bread over a massive fire. Two more tipi-converts take their carriages and the tipi glows like an orange jellyfish as Tony and Di disappear into the night.

I whip up a cous-cous and tuna meal and retire to my bivvy bag and do some fire-gazing into the embers. I should get a bird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home